The 7-Best Muay Thai in Phuket
Muay Thai has been a popular sport in Thailand for several decades. With time it gained international popularity and is now a world-famous sport. Thousands drop in Thailand every year to get trained by the best Muay Thai champions. The major cities that provide Muay Thai training are Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Pattaya, and Phuket
In this article, we will talk about the 7-Best Muay Thai camps in Phuket.
1.Sumalee Boxing Gym
Location: 234 Moo 3, Soi Hua Tha, Sri Sunthon Road, Thalang, Phuket 83110
Sumalee Boxing Gym is popular in Phuket due to its holistic approach to Muay Thai training. It is located in the center of the island of Phuket on the East Coast. Although it is nestled in a quiet setting, the gym is easily reachable from other parts of the island, especially Phang Nga Bay.
It combines the goodness of traditional Muay Thai training with the modern standards of accommodation, service, and hygiene. It combines optional yoga and nutritional programs to offer a complete package.
There is a vast variety of accommodation options suited for both high-end as well as budget-friendly visitors. It offers both shared rooms as well as luxurious suite rooms. Other features here include a healthy food restaurant: coffee shop and crêperie; on-site swimming pool, Balinese style yoga shala, massage shala, and equipment shop.
- Phone: 088 017 3018
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SumaleeBoxingGym/
- Website: sumaleeboxinggym.com
- Single class, 2 hours: 500 baht
- Monthly Muay Thai training, 2 classes per day with pool: 13,000 baht
- Standard monthly training package: 28,800 baht including twin shared accommodation
2.Tiger Muay Thai and MMA Training Camp
Location: 7 35 Soi Ta-iad, Chalong, Phuket 83130, Thailand
Located on the Soi Ta-Lad in Chalong, it is the biggest and most recognized Muay Thai, MMA & Fitness Training Camp in Phuket. It is spread across a whopping 8,000 sq meters in the central part of Phuket.
The center has coaches from all around the world who are trained professionals with specializations in fitness, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and MMA. Tiger Gym is divided up into weight and fitness sections along with areas dedicated to the various levels of fight potential.
The camp offers 20 different types of courses along with Mixed Martial Art training. There are different classes for different levels of trainees.
- Open: Monday–Saturday from 7 am to 7pm, Sunday from 11am to 5pm
- Phone: +66 (0)76 367 071
- Website: https://www.tigermuaythaichiangmai.com/
- Single class, 2.5 hours: 500 baht
- Day pass with access to all classes and facilities: 900 baht
- Monthly Muay Thai and MMA training: 14,000 baht
3. Sinbi Muay Thai Training Camp
Location: 100/15 Soi Saiyuan 9, Rawai, Muang, Phuket 83100, Thailand
This camp is located just a few minutes away from one of Phuket’s most beautiful beaches – Nai Harn. It was founded by Muay Thai Boxer Khun Singh. It features a fully equipped gym and 3 full-size fighting rings.
All the trainers here are professionals who have fought at some of the highest levels at Kumpinee and Ratchadamnoen stadiums in Bangkok. Some have also reached international levels.
Besides providing top-class training, it also promotes its own fight shows. that take place at well-known stadiums throughout southern Thailand, the stadium in Phuket, and the gym itself. There are rented accommodation options available at a short distance from the center.
- Open: Monday–Saturday from 7.30 am to 7 pm (closed on Sundays)
- Phone: +66 (0)83 391 5535
- Website: http://www.sinbi-muaythai.com/
- Single class: 2 hours: 500 baht
- One-on-one training: 800 baht per hour
- Monthly Muay Thai training: 12,000 baht
4.Kingka Muay Thai Camp
Location: 43/42 Moo 7, Wiset Rd, Rawai, Muang, Phuket 83130, Thailand
Kingka Supa Muay Thai was once Rawai Muay Thai, the world-famous & most popular Muay Thai gym in Phuket. The gym has undergone a huge refurbishment and now has a nice new & very welcoming look about it.
The camp has shared accommodation and bungalows on site. The head trainer- Khun Keh specializes in the high-low strategy of fast, strong boxing mixed with low kicks, while Khun Kouprey, another trainer at the center, is focused on boxing techniques.
Boxing gloves, hand wraps, shin guards, ankle guards, belly pads, and kick pads are provided to all the trainees.
- Open: Monday–Saturday from 7 am to 7pm, Sundays from 9am to 6pm
- Phone: +66 (0)76 226 495
- Website: https://web.facebook.com/Kehmuaythaigym
- Single class, 2 hours: 300 baht
- Weekly, 2 classes per day: 3,000 baht
- Monthly, 2 classes per day: 10,000 baht
5.Revolution Muay Thai Camp
Location: 72/46 Moo 3, Cherng Talay, Thalang, Phuket 83110
The Thai camp is conveniently located at a short distance from the most exotic beaches of Phuket- The Bangtao Beach and Surin Beach. The camp is especially popular for the 6 personalized training it offers.
The class size is kept small to ensure the same. The camp has professionals who are trained in different techniques. Training is offered in MMA, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Mx fitness training, yoga, and Western boxing.
Nutritional advice and strength and conditioning training are also available here.
- Phone: 087 276 5024
- Website: https://www.revolutionphuketgym.com/
- Drop-in classes: Muay Thai: 500 baht, Brazilian jiu-jitsu: 500 baht, Functional fitness: 500 baht, Boxing: 500
- Monthly Muay Thai: 11,000 baht
- Monthly all access: 16,000 baht
- Accommodation with training monthly packages: 22,000 baht – 35,000 baht
6.Suwit Muay Thai Camp
Location: 15 Moo 1, Chao Fa Road, Chalong, Muang, Phuket 83130, Thailand
It is one of the earliest Muay Thai Camps in Phuket town that has been around for over 25 years. Many alumni of the camp have fought internationally. It is located near the famous Phuket zoo on Chalong’s ChaoFa East Road.
The camp has a gym, boxing rings, air-conditioned rooms, and a fair-sized swimming pool. It also has on-site accommodation facilities for the trainees. The prices here are very reasonable including the accommodation. The camp organizes a fight night every Friday which is open to the public.
- Open: Monday–Saturday from 8 am to 6 pm (closed on Sundays)
- Phone: +66 (0)76 374 313
- Single class, 2 hours: 500 baht
- Monthly training: 9,000 baht
- Monthly training room rental: 11,000 baht for a fan room, 14,500 baht for AC
Location: 47/31-32 Moo 4, Soi Sermsuk, Viset Road, Rawai, Muang, Phuket 83100
AKA Thailand in Phuket is an offshoot of the original AKA in California, USA. The USA gym is a top centre for MMA training founded by the renowned American kickboxing champion Javier Mendez.
The AKA Phuket branch is not far behind in terms of popularity. It is run by former UFC fighter Mike Swick. It offers a variety of training including Muay Thai, MMA fundamentals, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and yoga. In addition to that, it also offers Strength & Conditioning classes.
As of now, the camp does not have any on-site accommodation but you can take the AKA packages that provide accommodation at nearby hotels or guest houses.
- Phone: 076 604 004
- Website: https://www.akathailand.com/
- Single class, 2 hours: 600 baht
- Martial arts training, 1 month: 12,650 baht
- Standard travel package, monthly: 40,000 baht including training, motorbike rental, airport transfer, accommodation, and some t-shirts and training gear
Hence, we see that Phuket has Muay Thai training facilities for nearly all types of trainees. You can start with the basic training and as you get better, you can shift to the more advanced centers that offer strict courses.
Nearly all the camps offer meals, and a wide range of courses for beginners, intermediates, and advanced Muay Thai enthusiasts.