Unfortunately, the healthcare scenario in Pai is not that great compared to other cities in Thailand.
However, it is evolving at a fast pace, with new hospitals being opened here.
At present, there is just one good hospital that you can fall back on in case of a medical emergency. Read along to find out more about it.
About the Pai Hospital
It is a government hospital in Pai that offers excellent healthcare services to Thai residents and tourists alike.
Contrary to the typical government hospital image, it has a modern architecture that even surpasses private hospitals in terms of infrastructure, cleanliness, and top-notch facilities.
It is easily accessible from most parts of Pai.
The staff at the Pai hospital is very cordial and speaks fluent English. So you can easily communicate all your issues without any language bar.
There is a 24*7 ambulance service available here.
The three-floor building is still undergoing some construction to accommodate more departments.
Follow these steps to save your time at Pai Hospital
1. First, go to number Desk no. 1 and submit a copy of your passport.
2. After that, you will have to proceed to the waiting area and wait for your turn to see the doctor.
3. When your turn comes, a nurse will first take your vitals such as height, weight, bp, etc.
4. Then you go into the doctor’s room.
5. After our vitals are recorded, you get to see the doctor
6. Post the session with the doctor, you can collect your medicines from their in-house pharmacy.
Address: 9C6Q+Q3C 111 Wiang Tai, Pai District, Mae Hong Son 58130, Thailand
Phone: +66 53 699 031
Although there are not many hospitals or healthcare centers you can visit in Pai, this particular hospital is enough for a timely diagnosis.
God forbid, should you need any advanced healthcare which is not available here, you can travel to Bangkok for the same in less time.
Hi, I’m Justin Pearce - a passionate traveler who has spent over 6 years of his life exploring lesser-known yet mesmerizing locations in South-East Asia. I am an avid biker who likes covering long distances on a bike. Through Thailand Nomads I want to share my tips and tricks for exploring some of the most popular tourist destinations in Thailands.